FACTS ABOUT COUNTERFEITING
Metal detector products from several manufacturers have been copied and manufactured by Chinese manufacturers.
These are typically sold by Internet retailers. Garrett is most concerned about counterfeits, as our
goal is to have satisfied customers who have not been tricked or cheated.
BEST WAYS TO AVOID COUNTERFEITS:
- Protect your purchase by using PayPal or a credit card that helps protect you against fraud
- Look for country of origin stickers on the product. If it is a metal detector with the Garrett brand name and it is labeled “Made in China” or has no country of origin, it is a counterfeit. All Garrett hobby and security metal detectors have the Garrett Made in America seal either on the product itself, on the packaging, or both. Any “Garrett” product that is shipped from China is definitely a counterfeit.
- Make certain that you are buying from an authorized Garrett dealer. Garrett has authorized distributors in countries around the world. To find the authorized Garrett Distributor in your country, visit www.garrett.com and click on Hobby Division. Then click on the upper row “Where to Buy” tab. For customers outside
the United States, use the drop-down menu to select your country. Then click the “Find an International Dealer” tab to obtain contact information for the authorized Garrett Distributor(s) in your country.
- Authentic Garrett products use proprietary digital technology which the counterfeiters have not been
able to duplicate. The result is a look alike product that does not work very well if at all.
- When ordering the product please be cautious of extremely low prices and inquire about the location
from which the product will be shipped. If the price sounds too good to be true, it’s probably fake.
IF YOU HAVE PURCHASED A COUNTERFEIT: